Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 1- A New World for Me

Before entered into E7, I heard many information about how difficult E7 is and have no confidence to pass the final exams.

In the first day, we met Robyn, the teacher who teach us from Monday to Wednesday. She gave us a reading list, articles in the list are all come from real journals or magazines. I felt so shocked at first sight in the very cramped, close characters. However, after I followed Robyn's advice, highlight all the words that I knew of the first three paragraphs, WOW! I was really surprised how many words that I actually did know, and most of the new words are always not really important to understand the whole section. As a result, I felt a bit more confidence after the first day learning. Back to the reading list, all the articles in the reading list are about English language. We have to read these before class, and then, we will discuss the topic in a small group, as a tutorial group. It offers us a chance to communicate with new students and speak with more courage.

On Thursday, I met another teacher - Carla, and faced a new problem, that is creating my own blog. How to create a new blog, how to follow my classmates, and how to beautify my blog, all of these basically problems seem impassable for me, not mention that post my course goals or link my blog with Discussion Board. Until now, I cannot use the tools smoothly, however, I believed I can control it in the near future.

I borrow some e-books from Vina about ielts test and advanced grammar and vocabulary and printed them out. It is really helpful for my English study, and I introduced these books to my group, hope these can help us in proving our English.

No comments:

Post a Comment